Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Post About Love

I'd decided that me writing about love was senseless, simply because
I'd never had the pleasure of being in it.
So naturally I decided to seek advice from two people who I knew had been in love, at least at some point.
 "Love is like _______, you _________________," Is the question I asked my dear parents.
Moms reply: "Love is like the wind. You, can't see it, but you can feel it." (REALLY?!)
Dads reply: "Love is like home. You,  always know where you are when you return." (much more heartfelt, I guess)

My mom jokes that I fall in love every time I go out in public.
But I just fall in love with the presence of certain people. The energy a person can bring, that can change the whole dynamic in a room.  And I take notes diligently, I do. As if there were a manilla envelope in my brain labeled "little things i've noticed, and decided I love about you"  and it is always spilling out the top.

"In some ways I love everything. Cause it's less..  less of a 'thing' than like. Less distinct. Less particular. I like things that I like, but I love everything. There's more choice in like. Because even the worst things have things to love in them. I love things so much I feel like I can float away." 


Anyways...   I'll let this cheesy Stevie Wonder take it from here


4 comments:

  1. Like falling in love with someone for five seconds. And in that time you can picture what it would be like with that person.
    I love this, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Love is like the wind. You, can't see it, but you can feel it."

    this is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But I just fall in love with the presence of certain people. The energy a person can bring, that can change the whole dynamic in a room. And I take notes diligently, I do. As if there were a manilla envelope in my brain labeled "little things i've noticed, and decided I love about you" and it is always spilling out the top."

    These words.
    I want to carry them-
    i will carry them around for a while,
    tumble them until they're fresh compost
    in the veritable thought-barrel of my mind.

    then i'll plant my heart in them
    til they are truly apart of me
    and full.


    Thank you.

    -Word_Orchard

    ReplyDelete