Monday, February 4, 2013

Being Ailve

I know i'm alive because I can feel my pulse, and hear my heart beat, 
and watch my cheeks blush.
I know everyone around me is alive because I can feel their pulse, and hear their heartbeat,
and watch their cheeks blush.
Being alive is accustomed and obvious.
It's feeling alive that interests me.
late nights of neon signs and blaring music
long and open roads with the windows down
being in a city where no one knows your name, or speaks your language
someone kissing your cheeks when they meet you
drinking & dancing
anticipating something that scares you
seeing something beautiful for the first time
4 am conversations
feeling extremely loved at the end of the day, right before you fall asleep




2 comments:

  1. This brings back sooo many fantastic memories.
    It explains you so well.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This felt like a Levi's commercial. In a good way.

    ReplyDelete