Friday, May 24, 2013

Real Talk


Letter or Two
Dear Self: I thought you said
you knew better.
i’ve decided to write you for the purpose
of mending the bones I broke
in attempt to make you stronger.
it's my job to look out for you;
so I guess we should get to know each other.

p.s. - you’re doing well.

and your hair looks healthy
and your smile looks genuine.

Dear you: I hope with all my heart
that you can remove the hatchets
buried into your ego,
and throw them into an ocean
with a depth
as questionable as your
sanity.

I love you every day,
but each time you choose
liquor and nights away from us
over the conversations we keep
trying to have,

you become less and less easy
to forgive.

Dear old friend: you never did understand
the way I could not stop saying ‘i love you’
every time I saw you.
you'd say the words lose their meaning
if you say them too often;

but what if i meant it,
every single time?

what if each time i meant it
more and more
than the time before;
what if saying it often
was the only thing reminding me
that it was true.

Oh god, I hope it's true

sincerely,
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment